Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday!

It certainly has been a busy Thursday of Scav Hunt. I've haven't slept so little since my days as a Scavvie. List release went about as smoothly as it could, given that it was even more convoluted than last year and left open the possibility for more mistakes. Nevertheless, each team got the list at a reasonable hour one way or another and that is what counts in my book. Casa del Amor was replete with comestibles of every variety (nothing like French Toast, Bacon, Pizza and Old Style at 3 in the morning).

The first item that was under my responsibility was certainly my proudest. For weeks I have been toiling to set Scav Air in place. Really though, Scav Air has been a pipe dream of the Judgeship for years and it was so incredibly wonderful to see it all fall in place last night. Three weeks ago I collected the vital information of willing volunteer Scav Warriors. Unbeknownst to them, I purchased round trip tickets to Las Vegas in their name. Last night the unknowing Warriors met us at the Reynolds Club in evening-wear. Summarily they were blindfolded and put into our cars. Then we drove them to Midway Airport and surprised them with tickets for the 6 am flight to Las Vegas. They were utterly and completely stunned. Really, getting the opportunity to surprise nine people in that way is a completely unique feeling of joy. Few things have made me happier or put a wider smile on my face, and I think you could say the same for the brave Scav Warriors (many of whom thought they were going on some sort of sadistic camping trip). I think Cthonathon did a great job of describing the rest of the day, but I thought I'd give my input on what for me has been the biggest part of this year's Hunt.